Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020
Outdoors at District Wharf DC on Transit Pier
Transportation/Parking: The Wharf is a 5-minute walk from Waterfront Metro (green line) and an 8-minute walk from L'Enfant Metro (Blue, Orange, Silver, Green, and Yellow lines). Bus, bike, water taxi and boat options are also available. Some paid parking is available. More information: https://www.wharfdc.com/getting-here/
Cycling Info: Each registered rider will enjoy a full and unique spin class outdoors on the water at the Wharf taught by a certified spin instructor! All participants will receive a custom athletic t-shirt or tank top, swag bag, towel, and other exclusive spin4 crohn's & colitis cures swag, as well as snacks, drinks, games, and other festivities throughout the event. Riders can bring their own indoor cycling shoes or wear tennis shoes - each bike has pedals with cages and SPD compatibility.
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - check in open
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm - cycling relay (each rider spins for 30 minutes)
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm - cool down reception & after party
- Friends, family, team supporters and cheerleaders are encouraged to attend throughout the event!
For more information, contact Brett Curtis at email@example.com or 646-584-1513. Bikes are limited, and we will sell out this year, so don't wait to register! If you'd prefer someone to reach out to you, please fill out this short form here.
Registration & Fundraising Details:
Registration for this event is secured by the bike, and each bike can have up to 4 riders/teammates during the event. There are a limited number of bikes available, so do not wait to secure your bike - registering simply secures your team bike before we sell out! Each bike has a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or $2,500 (details below). By registering for a bike, you are commiting to raise your identified amount by October 10, 2019, using a variety of resources -- and each teammate is working towards one team goal!
Why it matters: More than 80 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation, helping the more than 90,000 patients throughout the Greater D.C. region and 3.1 million Americans who are impacted by IBD every day.
After registration, each teammate will receive professional fundraising support, a personalizable page and a team page, email templates, Facebook fundraising integration, and coaching throughout. If you have specific fundraising questions or want to know more about participating, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the how it works section of our website.
To begin, a team captain should click "form a team" at the top of this page. After your team is registered, teammates can then easily join the team. Have more than four teammates? That's okay! If you have 8, 12, 16 people on your team. you can request more bikes! Your fundraising minimum will also increase ($1k/bike or $2,500/VIP bike), but with more hands-on deck it’ll be even easier to hit your new goal. The registration fee for each rider is $10/teammate (or $40 if riding solo). Each rider should register seperately so they can guarantee their shirt and swag sizing!
$1,000 Team Fundraising Commitment
- Up to 4 people per bike or you can ride solo for the entire 2 hours (each rider will enjoy a full spin class in this unique location!)
- Event T-shirt or tank top
- Celebratory after party
- Snacks, swag, and special giveaways from event partner throughout the event
- Professional fundraising support and personal fundraising webpage
$2,500 VIP Team Fundraising Commitment
- All benefits listed above AND:
- Guarantees a front row bike (or bike of your choice) on the water
- EXCLUSIVE Team vip (inner circle) swag
- An exclusive VIP experience -- a bloody mary & mimosa bar during the event!
Here to make a donation?
- If you are supporting a specific rider or team, please search for them on the top right side of this page so they can receive credit for your generous support
- If you would like to support all of our teams and our event and cause, please click the donate button above.
- All online donations can be made using a credit/debit card or PayPal. Prefer to make a donation by check? Please list the team/rider in the memo or simply write "spin4 crohn's & colitis cures" if a general event donation. Checks should be made payable to: The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation and mailed to:
spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures
11900 Parklawn Drive, Suite 360
Rockville, MD 20852
You do NOT want to miss this #partyonabike and have your chance to support this incredible mission while enjoying a unique and inspiring spin class and event!
About Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are collectively known as Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) and affect an estimated 3.1 million Americans. Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory condition of the gastrointestinal tract and may affect any part from the mouth to the anus. Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory condition limited to the colon, otherwise known as the large intestine. There are no cures for these often painful and debilitating diseases.
The Mission of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.