Take Steps Saturday, June 12th
Directly across the street from Southfield Civic Center Complex where we were the last 2 years, you won't be able to miss us.
We are excited you’ve decided to experience the celebration that is Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis! As a Take Steps supporter, you recognize that no one should have to deal with the fear, uncertainty, and pain of IBD. We believe that when we band together in the fight against IBD, we can have a lasting effect on the lives of every person diagnosed today and in the future.
Take Steps is a special day for patients, caregivers and supporters. Along with raising crucial funds to combat IBD and improve patients’ quality of life, Take Steps is an event focused on community. Whether you were recently diagnosed or have been living with IBD for decades; whether you are a caregiver or a friend; whether this is your first year walking or year 13 YOU are a member of the Take Steps family.
We can’t wait to see you on Saturday, June 12th - rain or shine - at the Southeast Michigan Take Steps Road Rally hybrid walk!
The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, and staff are our top priorities and have been top of mind while planning this event. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as things look a little different this year!
While you are not required to wear a mask at Take Steps, we will have them on hand should you need one. Following CDC guidelines, we request that you plan to maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and anyone not in your household anytime you exit your vehicle. We are unable to hand out incentives or distribute food as we normally do at the event. Your fundraising incentives, including a Pacesetter t-shirt for individually raising $100 or more, will be mailed to you.
Arrive any time between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm to our drive through start area where you:
- Visit the check-in tent and get a goodie bag, one lucky person who gets the goodie bag with the GOLDEN TICKET gets their pick of 1 of 5 Raffle Baskets
- Stop and talk with our Honored Heroes Melanie Roma & Ethan Stiller
- Stop and visit our vendor booths
- Vote on the best Take Steps T-shirt design - winning shirt takes home one of the Raffle Baskets
- Gussie up your car so everyone knows you are supporting the IBD community at Take Steps
- Visit the mission tent to let everyone know who you are Taking Steps for
- Take a picture at the Take Steps Arch
- Everyone gets a snack bag
- Fun music, listen to the opening program over your car radio and view the electronic day of program right on your phone
After you visit the start area you then can choose to stay in your car and participate in our Road Rally around Southfield City Centre or you can park your car and follow the signs along the Take Steps walk route. Please do what you are most comfortable with on your own time line.
Below are some tips to help jump start your fundraising!
- Log into ‘My Fundraising Center’ located in the top right-hand corner of this website. You’ll need to login first and the Fundraising Center will be under the section that says “Hi, NAME”.
- Personalize your Take Steps fundraising page in ‘My Fundraising Center’. You can set a fundraising goal, upload photos and share why you walk.
- Start a Facebook Fundraiser in ‘My Fundraising Center.’ Donations collected through your Facebook Fundraiser will automatically be reflected on your Take Steps fundraising page.
- Make a self-donation to jumpstart your effort and show your supporters how much this cause means to you
- Ask your network of friends and family to support you by matching your donation or joining your team and fundraising alongside you. Email templates can be found in ‘My Fundraising Center.’